- moving/trimming multiple items
- support for still images (along with zooming, croping, rotating and scaling)
- linking and unlinking clips
- multi-layer editing...
- ..which goes hand-in hand with audio mixing and video compositing...
- ...as well as basic video effects.
- undo/redo support
- Multi-track editing (i.e. multiple named output channels)
- Subsequences and subcompositions
- Combining media media from multiple sources into a unified objects (syncing separate audio and video, for example, or combining video from multiple cameras into a single object)
- Converting between media types, like converting an audio stream to a video stream with a visualizer plugin.
- Pre-rendering and caching of data.
- Re-conforming a project between different resolutions, codecs, and container formats.
We're also adding a new UI component: the property editor, which will allow the user to tweak per-object properties. This interface will also be extensible: modules and plugins can provide appropriate controls for a wide range of editing tasks, from chroma key to animation.
We're getting there, slowly but surely.